Happy Valentine’s Day to you!
Want to know what twin toddlers think about LOVE? Well, good luck with that, and if they can verbalize it to you please fill me in!
What I do know for sure are the things that they LOVE, so here is a list of those things:
Twins Top 20 LOVE List:
1. Mornings in bed with Daddy, while sending Mommy downstairs to get “Milk and nanas”. The one morning I tried to change things up and stay in (MY!) bed, Mason actually pushed me out and said, “Milk! Nana!”
2. Diggers- Boy oh boy do these twins love diggers! We have a construction site near us that is perfect for showing off the diggers. Even their second birthday party was digger themed.
3. Popcorn – An absolute favorite snack right now. They even go to the Tupperware draw and select their own bowl for the “Pop pop”.
4. Trains – Choo Choo!! Mason is particularly fond of his trains. Cameron likes them too, when he can get his hands on them
5. Blocks – Both boys enjoy building with blocks, but I will say this would be Cameron’s favorite toy right now. He can be very creative with the designs.
6. Singing - Both boys love to sing, although Mason might like it slightly more…I will often here Mason singing the ABC’s to himself around the house. Favorite songs right now (which they both can sing along to) are:
ABC, Twinkle Twinkle, Happy Birthday, Baa Baa Black Sheep and the Incy Winsy Spider song.
7. Facetime – Thank you Apple for connecting us to our families overseas for FREE! The twins love their Facetime sessions with their Aunty Caz and Uncle Peter in London, and their Grammy Clare in Scotland.
8.Taking Photos – Not only is Cameron a poser when it comes to getting his photo taken, he also likes to be behind the lens like his mommy. He can absolutely work the camera on the iPhone – taking and viewing the photos. Here are a sample of his pics.
9. Cooking with Mommy – The twins are very curious about what goes on in the kitchen. I find if they help to make it, they are more likely to eat it! They are very helpful, and like mixing, adding spices, and watching the food cook. Cameron will help to put the bread into the toaster in the morning. He also will help measure out the sugar and instant coffee that Mommy enjoys every morning
10. Reading – We have been incredible blessed with tons of hand me down books, and great new books. And the boys really enjoy them all. They love to read during the day and at bedtime. Their favorite book right now is “The Backyardigans”, which they read with daddy as they try to find Pablo. They say in their sweet voices , “Pablo, where are you?”
11. Sports – Both boys are quick on their feet. Mason seems to have a knack for Basketball, and Cameron for T Ball. Soccer is also something they both love. Playing catch with mommy and daddy is definitely something they love.
12. Tomatoes – If there is a tomato on my plate, one of the twins will definitely try to steal it from me. It is probably their favorite fruit. Cucumber is a close second favorite food.
13. Their Dog- Coming downstairs in the morning the boys can’t wait to say “Hi Carrie”.
14. Play Dough with Grammy - This is something I have no patience for (good to know your limits). Grammy is very willing to let the twins play with play dough at her house, they can’t wait to start playing. And Grammy is extremely patient and creative with this, and sometimes even their granddad, Cappy, gets involved.
15. Crafts – The twins love getting creative. Here they were painting and making Valentine’s Day Crafts with their friend E.
16. Helicopters – As soon as daddy gets home from work he is bombarded with requests to fly the helicopter! The boys go nuts for this! Cameron will see a helicopter outside and say “daddy copter!” I wish
17. TV – We limit TV watching but they do love Thomas the Tank, Sesame Street, Roary the Race Car and Bob the Builder. Very predictable since they are mostly about cars, diggers and trains!
18. Binkys/ Pacifiers – As much as I hate to admit it but yes my kids love their binkys! Now they will say “Where binky go?” when they are trying to find it. Thankfully we have succeeded in limiting them to their beds! Soon they will disappear for good (I hope!)
19. Bikes – What boy doesn’t love his bike? These boys are no exception!
20. Relationships- these twins are surrounded by love, and it’s so cute to see it going both ways! The boys really love all their family and friends. It’s so adorable hearing them try to pronounce everyone’s names, and they have started using them in conversations … They have randomly started conversations about their cousins who babysit, their Grammy and Cappy, their friend “E” and their neighbor “Sleki”. They are blessed to have so many supportive, wonderful friends and family near and far.
Grandparents…. (Also the ones shown above reading and with the diggers)
You know your friend loves you when she lets you sit in her doll stroller AND pushes you around in it! LOL
Happy Valentine’s Day from the twins! Here is hoping you surround yourself with all the things and people that bring you joy!